Monday, August 22, 2011

Gone Fishin'


As I write this, I'm sitting under an African sun (gorgeous!!!) Tenerife is one of a handful of islands, known as the Canary Islands, just off the North West African coast. They're a stone throw from Morocco, but belong to Spain.

What has this got to do with historical romance, I hear you ask. Well, um, nothing I guess, hence the 'gone fishing' sign, lol. I'm soaking up the sea, sun and cocktails on the beach here, and my brain has gone on holiday.

But, ooh, wait, here's something...

Later this week we're going to a medieval feast at the castle of San Miguel. There'll be a grand show and an authentic medieval banquet in the finger-grabbing,  mouth-stuffing, tankyard-downing style. Here's a snap of the brochure...



A couple of years ago, I went to an Irish medieval banquet in a peel tower somewhere between Galway and nowhere on the Irish moors. The authentic food was rather bland, but everything else from the lord and ladies around us to the minstrels and the show they put on was an experience I'll never forget. So I'm really looking forward to doing in Spanish style and seeing the differences.

3 comments:

Judy Croome | @judy_croome said...

Sounds fantastic! The medieval feast will be such fun!. I hope you're keeping all your slips so you can claim this from your tax - it's legitimate research expenses!! :)

Judy, South Africa

Wendy Soliman said...

Sounds like you're really chilling out. Enjoy your break!

Dora Hiers said...

How exciting! Sounds like an awesome trip.

Popping over from the campaign to wave hello...looking forward to getting to know you.